Trust the Experts, Trust Nickos Chimney Company.
Protect your home and family
Protect your family by inspecting your chimney flue once a year. A chimney inspection will find any potential problems or blockages. Studies have shown that cleaning the creosote out of a flue will help your fireplace be more efficient and prevent a fire in the chimney which could spread to the home. Creosote holds heat and will cause the chimney to over heat and have fire inside the flue.The heat will cause damage to the brick mortar and cause you chimney to fall apart and allow gas to get inside the home. Build up in a chimney will create heat beyond the standards of the chimney flue. Cleaning the chimney with a hard brush will remove the build up of debris and keep your chimney safe and healthy.
Different kind’s woods can cause and quicken buildup of creosote in the flue. Burning a garbage wood like cottonwood creates alot of creosote in the chimney when creosote builds up it will hold heat on the surfaces. This can cause flash fires anywhere in the flue. Heat can cause break down of the mortar in the joints as well. Cleaning the flue with a hard brush will remove the buildup and the fire danger is removed.
Your chimney system(s) are an important part of your home heating system. The National Fire Protection Agency and Manufacturer recommends and annual chimney cleaning of all chimney(s) a reputable, experienced qualified Chimney Sweep. Chimney system(s) cleaning should be a regular part of your home maintenance schedule. If the appliance has a catalytic converter, it should be checked and cleaned a minimum of twice a year.
Chimney Cleaning Benefits
- Improves your draft and ventilation
- Creates stronger air flow for the smoke to escape
- Removes creosote in the chimney flue
- Inspects the condition of the fireplace
- Improves your fireplace experience
More Useful Resources
- Chimneys.com is one of the main sites making up the extensive presence of chimney sweeps on the net. It is a good source of technical information for homeowners and Professionals alike.
- Wood Heat Organization is a nonprofit, nongovernmental agency dedicated to the responsible use of wood as a home heating fuel.
- InspectAPedia – the site for Inspection, Diagnosis, Repair & Problem Prevention Advice
- National Fire Protection Association is the authority on fire, electrical and building safety.
- Certified Chimney Professionals official website.