Protect your family by inspecting your chimney flue once a year. A chimney inspection and cleaning will find any potential problems or blockages. Cleaning the creosote out of a flue will help your fireplace be more efficient and prevent a fire in the chimney which could spread to the home. The heat from a chimney fire will cause damage to the flue liners and allow gas to get inside the home. Cleaning the chimney with a hard brush will remove the build up of debris and keep your chimney safe and healthy.
Nickos Chimney Company uses cutting edge camera technology to diagnose and detect any problems with your chimney system. We will thoroughly inspect your chimney and provide comprehensive recommendations for repair and cleaning.
Your chimney system(s) are an important part of your home heating system. The National Fire Protection Agency and Manufacturer recommends an annual chimney cleaning of all chimney(s) by a reputable, experienced qualified Chimney Sweep. Chimney system(s) cleaning should be a regular part of your home maintenance schedule. If the appliance has a catalytic converter, it should be checked and cleaned a minimum of twice a year, once before the first burn and once after the last burn.
PROTECT YOUR HOME & FAMILY
Schedule your yearly chimney inspection
It is recommended to have your chimney inspected and cleaned every year to ensure proper ventalation and drafting, as well as removing debris that could pose a danger to your home and family. Your friends and family have trusted Nickos Chimney Company to clean and maintain their fireplace for over 45 years.
Here is an in-depth article from the Chimney Safety Institute of America explaining how your chimney really works. We recommend this informative article to learn more about the function of your home chimney system.
- Chimney Safety Institute of America – A homeowner’s guide to fireplaces, chimneys and wood stoves.
- Chimneys.com is one of the main sites making up the extensive presence of chimney sweeps on the net. It is a good source of technical information for homeowners and Professionals alike.
- Wood Heat Organization is a nonprofit, nongovernmental agency dedicated to the responsible use of wood as a home heating fuel.
- InspectAPedia – the site for Inspection, Diagnosis, Repair & Problem Prevention Advice
- National Fire Protection Association is the authority on fire, electrical and building safety.
- Certified Chimney Professionals official website.